[Coral-List] New CREWS Stations for the Caribbean

Phillip Dustan phil.dustan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 17:21:45 UTC 2023

Here we go again..............

On Tue, Apr 18, 2023 at 11:22 AM Jim Hendee via Coral-List <

> Greetings,
>
> I wanted to alert researchers and students in the Caribbean that four new
> Coral Reef Early Warning System (CREWS) stations are being deployed this
> year in Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, the Bahamas, and Belize, by the
> Caribbean Community Climate Change Center, in association with the Saba
> Conservation Foundation. We anticipate that the existing stations in
> Antigua & Barbuda, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, St. Lucia, Grenada and St.
> Kitts & Nevis will be refurbished and instruments re-calibrated in the
> coming two years.
>
> CREWS stations were initially developed at NOAA's Atlantic Oceanographic
> and Meteorological Laboratory in Miami, in association with many
> collaborators, but in the Caribbean especially the Caribbean Community
> Climate Change Center in Belize, and the CREWS host nations. The stations
> collect and transmit meteorological and oceanographic data at important
> coral reef areas in near real-time. More information will be forthcoming in
> the coming year.
>
> NOAA/AOML/OCED:
> https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/ocean-chemistry-ecosystems-division/
> Caribbean Community Climate Change Center:
> https://www.caribbeanclimate.bz/
> Saba Conservation Foundation: http://www.sabapark.org/
>
> Cheers,
> Jim
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> Jim Hendee's new novel, Stones, is now available on Amazon.com
> https://www.amazon.com/Stones-James-C-Hendee-ebook/dp/B0C1PD5D9G/

Phillip Dustan PhD
Charleston SC  29424
843-953-8086 office
843-224-3321 (mobile)

"When we try to pick out anything by itself
we find that it is bound fast by a thousand invisible cords
that cannot be broken, to everything in the universe. "
*                                         John Muir 1869*

*A Swim Through TIme on Carysfort Reef*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCPJE7UE6sA
*Raja Ampat Sustainability Project video*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RR2SazW_VY&fbclid=IwAR09oZkEk8wQkK6LN3XzVGPgAWSujACyUfe2Ist__nYxRRSkDE_jAYqkJ7A
*Bali Coral Bleaching 2016 video*

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOfLTnPSUo
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOfLTnPSUo>*