[Coral-List] article on restoration

Luiz Rocha lrocha at calacademy.org
Wed Dec 6 21:25:05 UTC 2023

I for one think that no expense is too big when species survival is at
stake. So if there is a 1% chance that all of the money we are dumping into
restoration will stop ONE species from going extinct, I say it's all worth
it. What I will not do is lump every coral restoration project into the
same bin (calling them all greenwashing), say that the only thing we can do
to stop the coral reef crysis is stop climate change (which is not), and
then cross my arms and do nothing while corals go extinct. That's not why I
became a biologist.

Abraços,

Luiz

Luiz A. Rocha, Ph.D.
Curator and Follett Chair of Ichthyology
Co-Director, Hope For Reefs Initiative

California Academy of Sciences

p. 415.379.5370

LRocha at calacademy.org
Academic Website
<https://www.calacademy.org/staff/ibss/ichthyology/luiz-a-rocha>

55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA 94118

Twitter <https://twitter.com/CoralReefFish> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/coralreeffish/>

On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 1:17 PM Douglas Fenner via Coral-List <