[Coral-List] Post-doc opportunity, Nova Southeastern University, Florida

Fraser J-H f.a.hartley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 18:13:35 UTC 2023

The National Coral Reef Institute (
https://www.nova.edu/publications/ncri_brochure) at Nova Southeastern
University’s Halmos College of Arts and Sciences seeks up to four
postdoctoral fellows. We are looking for coral reef researchers with either
an existing or the potential for a strong publication record. The National
Coral Reef Institute’s research programs include among others coral
ecology, restoration, reef fisheries and fish ecology, geology and
sedimentology, genomics. We are looking to strengthen and/or diversify
these programs with candidates who have research experience in quantitative
ecology, fisheries modeling, bioinformatics, carbon budgets, elementomics,
socio-ecology, climate change, coral microbiology and/or molecular ecology,
but encourage all exceptional coral reef scientists to apply.

The National Coral Reef Institute’s mission is innovative research to
enhance knowledge, management and conservation of coral reefs. Nova
Southeastern University (NSU) is a private, not-for-profit university in
Fort Lauderdale, Florida with over 22,000 students of whom over 6,000 are
undergraduates. Members of the NSU community have a shared vision,
summarized here: https://www.nova.edu/about/mission.html.

Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, research statement, and list 3
references. Apply for position 991537, 991538, 991539, or 991540, at:
https://nsucareers.nova.edu. For questions relative to these positions,
contact the Director of the National Coral Reef Institute, Dr. Bernhard
Riegl, at rieglb at nova.edu including “NCRI Postdoc Hire” on the Subject
line. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. NSU is committed
to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Review of applications will
begin immediately.