[Coral-List] 40th AMLC Scientific Meeting - Abstract DEADLINE EXTENDED

Haley Oleynik haleyoleynik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:29:27 UTC 2023

Hi all,

The abstract submission deadline has been EXTENDED to February 28th for our
upcoming 40th AMLC Scientific Meeting: Connecting Coastal and Marine
Ecosystems Through Science and People, May 22 - 26, 2023, Hosted by the
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine
<https://veterinary.rossu.edu/> in St. Kitts**

The AMLC 40th scientific meeting is open to everyone, including students,
scientists, and stakeholders, with an interest in marine science and policy
in the wider Caribbean region. We encourage presentations on
interdisciplinary, integrated science that examine interactions among
biological, chemical, physical, resource management, and socioeconomic
aspects of coastal and marine environments in the wider Caribbean.

As a reminder, session themes include:

   -

   Sustainable coastal development and conservation
   -

   Climate change, ocean and coastal acidification, water quality, and
   multi-stressors
   -

   Coastal and marine microbiology and parasitology
   -

   Citizen science, outreach, and communications
   -

   Macrofauna and megafauna
   -

   Sargassum, seagrasses, mangroves, and coastal wetlands
   -

   Advanced methods for coastal and marine science

SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT HERE
<http://www.amlc-carib.org/meetings/2023/2023abstract_submit.html>

More info about the meeting and session themes can be found at
 http://www.amlc-carib.org/meetings/2023/2023.html
<http://www.amlc-carib.org/meetings/2023/2023.html>

Coming soon - details of the AMLC Student Travel Awards: The AMLC will be
providing travel support funds for students-in-need who submit abstracts
for the 40th Scientific meeting in St. Kitts. Details of the application
process will be announced soon!

**Please note the meeting will be in-person only. After three years of
pandemic, the AMLC Executive Committee believes the time is right to step
back from the virtual and move to the vibrant networking of an AMLC
in-person meeting. We feel we can provide a more meaningful meeting to
attendees if our focus is on the in-person experience.

We hope to see you in St. Kitts!

Haley Oleynik

AMLC Communications Committee Chair

www.amlc-carib.org <http://www.amlc-carib.org/meetings/2023/2023.html>