[Coral-List] Request for input on coral relocation studies

Alina Szmant alina at cisme-instruments.com
Sat Jul 1 15:35:09 UTC 2023

This is all déja vu to me. Reminiscent of 1985 when Dr. Katie Muzik tried to get participants of the 5th International Coral Reef Congress to protest the extension of the airport runway in Okinawa. Pipe organ coral Heliopora and other species were going to be (and eventually were) crushed by the project.  No stopping development as long as Earth has more and more human inhabitants and the economy is society's primary concern.

Alina Szmant

Dr. Alina M. Szmant,  CEO
CISME Instruments LLC