[Coral-List] ReeFL Symposium - Save the Date and Call for Abstracts

Lad Akins Lakins at frostscience.org
Wed Jun 14 14:10:36 UTC 2023

Hello Listers,

Apologies for any cross postings.  See announcement below regarding an upcoming symposium on Florida's Coral Reef...

Are you a researcher studying Florida's Coral Reef, an educator who teaches the public about the reefs, or a conservationist focused on restoring and preserving the reef ecosystem?  If so, we invite you to save the date for the first annual ReeFLorida Symposium 2023 in Miami, FL! This event will bring together coral conservation practitioners, researchers and educators who have an impact on the health of Florida's Coral Reef.

Registration for accepted presenters will begin August 1 and general early bird registration will open on August 21, 2023. The conference committee is still defining the registration cost, but it will be under $400.

The first-ever ReeFLorida (ReeFL) Symposium will be held November 6 - 9, 2023 at the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, home to the NOAA-funded National Coral Reef Conservancy. This is an event for coral scientists, educators and conservation practitioners focused on Florida's Coral Reef to come together and share their work. We hope you will join us as a speaker, poster presenter or attendee at the event. We're now accepting abstracts for oral and poster presentations.

Call for Proposals...

The abstract submission portal is now open. We invite proposals for:
*             Presentations (15 minutes + Q&A)
*             Posters
Proposals are due by 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 1, 2023. The conference committee will review all abstract submissions and send acceptances by August 1, 2023. If there are presentation abstracts that are not selected for full presentations, we may suggest you present a poster instead.

To submit an abstract and for more information on the ReeFL Symposium please visit http://www.frostscience.org/symposium

Please share this with others you think may be interested in the ReeFL Symposium! If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or have any additional questions, you may contact reeflorida at frostscience.org<mailto:reeflorida at frostscience.org>.

Hope to see you there!

Lad Akins
Curator of Marine Conservation
Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science
lakins at frostscience.org<mailto:lakins at frostscience.org>
Office 305-434-9539
Mobile 305-942-7333
1101 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132