[Coral-List] European Coral Reef Symposium - ECRS 2024 - Save the Date

Massimo Ponti massimo.ponti at unibo.it
Fri Jun 23 11:30:32 UTC 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the forthcoming European Coral Reef Symposium - ECRS 2024, organized under the auspices of the http://www.icrseurope.eu/ of the International Coral Reef Society (https://coralreefs.org/), which will take place in Naples, Italy, from 2 to 5 July 2024.

For this edition of ECRS, our energies will concentrate on bridging knowledge gaps between tropical, temperate, and cold-water coral reefs.

You can now subscribe to our newsletter at
https://ecrs2024.eu/

The conference will consist of 12 thematic sessions aimed to accommodate a wide variety of oral and poster communications from around the World:

1. Lessons from the Past to Inform the Future

2. Coral Reef Structure and Functioning

3. Biology and Ecology of Holobionts in Coral Reefs

4. Global Climate Change and Environmental Stressors

5. Coral Reef Anthropic Pressures, Conservation, and Restoration

7. Community-Based Monitoring and Ecosystem-Based Management

8. Shallow Temperate Reefs

9. Mesophotic and Cold-Water Coral Ecosystems

10. Technological and Methodological Innovation in Underwater Surveys and Data Analysis

11. Coral reefs under a socio-economic perspective

12. Global lockdown due to COVID-19: what have we learned?

13. The Ocean Decade: The Science We Need for the Coral Reefs We Want

IMPORTANT DATES
Calls
. October 2nd, 2023 - Call for abstracts opening
. December 16th, 2024 (midnight CET) - Call for abstracts closing
. February 13th, 2024 - Notification of acceptance
. March 5th, 2024 - Authors registration deadline
Registration
. July 30th, 2023 - Early bird registration opening
. March 5th, 2024 (midnight CET) - Authors' registration deadline
. March 20th, 2024 (midnight CET) - Early bird registration closing
. March 21th, 2024 - Regular registration opening
. June 25th, 2024 (midnight CET) - Regular registration closing
. July 1st - 5th, 2024 - Onsite registration

Best regards
Massimo Ponti
Carlo Cerrano
Gert Woerheide

Massimo Ponti, PhD

Associate Professor, Coordinator of the MSc in Marine Biology
Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna

Address:
Laboratori di Scienze Ambientali
Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna
Via S. Alberto 163, 48123 Ravenna (Italy)

Office +39 0544 937311
Mobile +39 347 4533513
Skype: massimo.ponti