[Coral-List] new book with lots of photos showing what the Caribbean was like

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Wed May 3 20:18:39 UTC 2023

The Caribbean Coral Reef, a record of an ecosystem under threat
by William Sacco

Photos of the reefs in Jamaica, Panama, and Curacao in the 1970's.  It is
extremely important for us to know what reefs were like before they
degraded, so we know what we have lost.  It is way too easy to have
"shifting baselines," thinking that the way we first saw reefs is the way
they always were.

https://www.globalcoral.org/caribbean-coral-reefs-natures-nearly-extinct-treasure-at-its-prime/

https://www.amazon.com/Caribbean-Coral-Reef-Record-Ecosystem/dp/1032414502/ref=sr_1_12

Check the reviews by Tom Goreau, Chuck Birkeland, Jim Porter, and Bob
Kinzie.

Cheers, Doug
--
Douglas Fenner
Lynker Technologies, LLC, Contractor

Degrowth can work - here's how science can help
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-04412-x

CoP 27, CoP 17, the party's over https://www.petersalebooks.com/?p=3324

Fixing methane leaks is a fast and vast help for climate change, and pays
for itself.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-fixing-methane-leaks-oil-132702814.html