[Coral-List] Publishing advertisement in the Coral-List

Gonzalo Pérez-Rosales Blanch gonzalo.prb at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:44:34 UTC 2023

Dear Coral List,

We have sent two emails requesting the publishing of our Postdoc Position in the Coral-List with no success. We sent them to coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov <mailto:coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> from our institutional emails from @WHOI.

Could you please share the advertisement below or double-check what the issue is and why it has not been shared? It has previously worked for us.

Thank you very much in advance, and please let us know if you need anything else.
Sincerely,
Anne and Gonzalo

Dear Colleagues,

The Cohen Lab at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Investigator to join our Super Reefs team.

Super Reefs is an alliance between WHOI, The Nature Conservancy’s Global Coral Reef Program, and Stanford University, in close collaboration with scientists, NGO’s and government agencies in Super Reef countries.
We develop meter-scale hydrodynamic models of the temperature and flow within each reef to assist in the search for heat-tolerant coral communities, combine benthic surveys, skeletal stress bands and in situ thermal tolerance testing to validate and quantify thermal thresholds of a diversity of coral taxa, simulate larval connectivity to and from Super Reef sites, and project future on-reef conditions to optimize the siting of restoration plots developed with thermally tolerant corals.  The program includes on site workshops with stakeholders, exchange and incorporation of both traditional knowledge and scientific data, as well as on-site training, participation and mentoring of students.
The position is open to all scientists with the following qualifications: a recent PhD (last 3 years) in tropical, shallow water coral reef ecology.  A background in oceanography, hydrodynamics, or climate is preferred. Experience in Micronesia, Polynesia, Melanesia and/or Indonesia, and conversant in one or more of the languages are a plus, but not required.

The position involves extensive travel, field and underwater experience, and an AAUS certification is required either at the time of hire, or to be trained at WHOI. The position involves multidisciplinary collaborations with scientists, engineers, NGO’s and stakeholders, in multiple countries and across time-zones. A strong team-work ethic, ability to collaborate widely, and excellent communication skills are thus required.

If you are interested in this position and believe you meet the requirements, please send a brief email and CV to Gonzalo Perez-Rosales gperez-rosales at whoi.edu. <>

Thank you!
Anne

Anne L. Cohen
Scientist
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Reach me at 508 289 2958; acohen at whoi.edu <mailto:acohen at whoi.edu>

- -
Gonzalo PÉREZ-ROSALES, PhD
Post-Doctoral Investigator - WHOI
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts, US
gonzalo.prb at gmail.com <mailto:gonzalo.prb at gmail.com>
gperez-rosales at whoi.edu <mailto:gperez-rosales at whoi.edu>
Twitter: @Perez_Rosales_G
Tel: +34 687008652 / +1(774)361-3782