[Coral-List] Help Us Understand the Beauty of Coral Reefs

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon May 29 05:54:23 UTC 2023

A few more references that may be relevant:

Lin, B. Close encounters of the worst kind: reforms needed to curb coral
reef damage by recreational divers. Coral Reefs 40, 1429–1435 (2021)

Anthony B. Rouphael & Mahmoud Hanafy (2007) An Alternative Management
Framework to Limit the Impact of SCUBA Divers on Coral Assemblages, Journal
of Sustainable Tourism, 15:1, 91-103

Caparrós-Martínez, J.L., Martínez-Vázquez, R.M. & de Pablo Valenciano, J.
Analysis and global research trends on nautical tourism and green coastal
infrastructures: the case of coral reefs and seagrass meadows. Environ Sci
Eur 34, 33 (2022).

Lachs, L. and Oñate-Casado, J. 2020. Fisheries and tourism: Social,
economic and ecological tradeoffs in coral reef systems. Pages 243-260 in
Jungblut, S., Liebich, V., and Bode-Dalby, M.   *YOUMARES 9- The Oceans,
Our Research, Our Future, Proceedings of the 2018 Conference in YOUng
MArine RESearcher in Oldenberg, Germany*.  Springer.

Cheers, Doug