[Coral-List] Friendly reminder: Abstracts for IMCC7 are due this week (April 11th)

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 15:14:05 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my IMCC7 co-chairs and myself, I wanted to send a friendly
reminder that abstracts for the 7th International Marine Conservation
Congress are due T
*HIS WEEK, by the end of the day April 11th. *
Abstracts are due April 11, and will receive acceptance decisions by May
3rd. You may attend IMCC without presenting, but if you wish to be
considered for a presentation, you must submit an abstract.

*All organizers of symposia/workshops/focus groups/panels must register for
IMCC7 by April 11th.  All presenting authors must register for IMCC7 before
the early bird deadline of June 28th*

To submit an abstract for consideration at IMCC7, please follow these steps:

1) Go to the link below and sign in to IMCC! Please note that IMCC employs
a single sign-on application that is linked to your SCB credentials. All
current and former members of SCB and most attendees at past IMCC and ICCB
events have pre-existing credentials. If you don't have credentials, you
can create a free account. Instructions are provided on the sign-on page.

https://www.xcdsystem.com/imcc/abstract/index.cfm?ID=1Heejyz

2) Click "new abstract/click here to start"

3) Enter your title, less than 200 word abstract (making sure to stress how
your work is relevant to the science or practice of marine conservation,)
and a one-sentence plain language summary.

4) Select your preferred presentation type (standard 12-minute conference
talk, 3 minute speed talk, or poster,) and select a second choice. We will
always try to give people their first choice when possible.

5) If (and only if) your talk has been invited as part of a closed
symposium and the symposium organizer knows you are submitting an abstract,
please indicate that and select the appropriate symposium. If you do not
know what this means, it does not apply to you.

6) If your talk is *not* an invited part of a closed symposium, which will
be true for most attendees, please select "no," and then please select
which themed sessions or open symposia you think your talk should be placed
in from the drop down menus. Please provide several options, we will try to
place you in your first choice whenever possible.

7) Hit submit by April 11, and you will receive a decision by May 3rd. Each
abstract will be independently reviewed by at least two people.

8) Be sure to register by the early registration deadline of June 28th (all
presenting authors, or April 11 for organizers/leads of
symposia/workshops/focus groups/panels)  or else your submissions may not
be included in the conference program.

Please contact imcc at conbio.org with any questions or concerns.
--

*David Shiffman, Ph.D. *
Marine Conservation Biologist, Scientific and Environmental Consultant, and

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *t: *@WhySharksMatter
<http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> |
*b: *Southern Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/> |
*cv:*