[Coral-List] Masters Student University of Texas at Tyler

Tanya Brown tanyabrown at uttyler.edu
Thu Feb 1 23:15:09 UTC 2024

The Brown lab at the University of Texas at Tyler is seeking a masters student to join the lab for fall 2024. This is a fully funded 2 year position ending in a masters of science degree. More information on the masters program at UT Tyler can be found here: https://www.uttyler.edu/biology/graduate/master-science-degree/
The lab studies innate immunity and microbial changes due to biotic and abiotic factors in cnidarians. The student will study mechanisms of how sea anemones respond to microbial challenge (I am open to other projects given that it falls under the scope of the lab). We use both Exaiptasia diaphana and Nematostella vectensis to answer these questions.
Applicants should have some knowledge of marine biology and cell and molecular biology.
For more information please send an email with your CV/resume and a short description of topics that interest you for a masters project. The application deadline for Fall 2024 is April 1, 2024.

Thanks,
Tanya

Dr. Tanya Brown
Assistant Professor