[Coral-List] a new home for Coral-List

William Precht william.precht at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 14:53:54 UTC 2024

Mike, you have done a yo men's job at keeping this ship moving forward.
Thank you!

At this time we should also thank Jim Hendee (NOAA retired) for his years
of dedicated service running the CoralList.

We should all be looking forward to the next chapter in the communication
between coral lovers, scientists, managers, and policy makers - hopefully,
we can make gains where we have seen such tragic losses.

The CoralList is a place where we can share ideas, news stories, and new
publications in real time with thousands of people with similar goals from
around the world.

As you may remember, a few years back many of us in the coral reef
community were screaming as loud as we could about keeping atmospheric CO2
levels below 350 ppm.

Veron, J.E., Hoegh-Guldberg, O., Lenton, T.M., Lough, J.M., Obura, D.O.,
Pearce-Kelly, P.A.U.L., Sheppard, C.R., Spalding, M., Stafford-Smith, M.G.
and Rogers, A.D., 2009. The coral reef crisis: The critical importance of<
350 ppm CO2. *Marine pollution bulletin*, *58*(10), pp.1428-1436.

We blew by that target - I’m now hoping for 450 ppm.  Unfortunately, today
we are already at 425 ppm.

Using the CoralList we can get together as a global reef community, use our
collective voices, and convince our leaders of why keeping this critical
number in check is so important.

Remember-

Repair the world - save coral reefs!

Repair coral reefs - save the world!

Let’s work together at changing the future. The CoralList can help.

Thank you ICRS for keeping the CoralList alive.

Cheers,

Bill