[Coral-List] a new home for Coral-List

Anne 'Michelle' Wood miche at uoregon.edu
Sun Feb 18 01:38:23 UTC 2024

I also want to thank everyone at AOML, especially Jim and Mike.. and Rueben and Lew and Clarke and Louis for Coral List. What an accomplishment.. especially stitched together with needles, pins,  and sealing wax...  a labor of love ever since Jim started it.  It is really reassuring to know it has a sound future and will continue as a forum and resource.

It was my great pleasure and honor to work at AOML with Jim Hendee for a few years during the Gulf Oil Spill era.  He was an amazing team leader who excelled at thinking outside the box . Most remarkable to me was his ability to recognize exceptional young scientists and give them opportunities to develop their ideas, publish, and do amazing research on a global scale. Coral List is only one of his legacies.

Michelle Wood
Inst. of Ecology and Evolution, University of Oregon &
Oregon Inst. of Marine Science