[CDHC] Acropora fragments possible for research

Cheryl Woodley cheryl.woodley at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 14 14:38:31 EDT 2006

Dear CDHC List:
Please see below a message from Dr. Margaret Miller concerning the
possibility of acquiring A. cervicornis fragments for research.
Cheryl

Dear collegues,

I have just become aware of a potential opportunity to procure live
Acropora cervicornis fragments for research purposes.  There was a major
ship grounding near Ponce, Puerto Rico in late April which imacted a
large thicket of A.cerv and NOAA has indicated a potential to make
fragments available to researchers, particularly to reduce collecting
pressure on field populations.

The addressee list here is limited by me not being in my office (ie. to
emails I had or could find quickly on my laptop). Please forward this
message to collgues who might have interest and worthwhile use for this
resource.  (CHERYL, PLEASE PARTICULARLY FORWARD TO CDHC LISTSERV - THANKS)

If you are interested, you may contact Tom Moore of the NOAA Restoration
Center (tom.moore at Noaa.gov)

Cheers,

Margaret

--
Cheryl Woodley, Ph.D.
Coral Health and Disease Program

DOC/NOAA/NOS/NCCOS
Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research
Hollings Marine Laboratory
331 Fort Johnson Rd
Charleston, SC 29412
843.762.8862 Phone