Coral Health and Monitoring News

James C. Hendee hendee at aoml.erl.gov
Thu Jun 8 14:23:25 EDT 1995

Greetings!

	Our list-server is still under construction, but we hope to have
it up and running soon.  When that is set up, you will receive news of
coral meetings, discussions, symposia, etc, as well as be able to
ask questions of others on the list, make announcements, and so forth.
In the mean time, here is a little news from the Coral Health and
Monitoring Program, which can be found on the World-Wide Web at
http://coral.aoml.erl.gov.

	We have added a rather large list of literature abstracts and
references relating to coral health.  If you do not see your name and
abstract listed, but would like to have it listed, please send the
complete journal citation with abstract to hendee at aoml.erl.gov.

	We have begun to add some historical data (surface temperature
and salinity) from the Indo-Pacific's coral reef areas, years 1900
through 1990. Currently listed are data from the Keeling, Christmas
Island and Timor Sea areas.

	Our Coastwatch satellite image data and viewing process has
improved.  Images are posted daily, and are also archived so that you may
view previous days and times.

	A sample C-MAN (Coastal-Marine Automated Network) bulletin from
the Florida Keys has been posted.  If you would like to begin receiving
these data for selected C-MAN sites at certain times and days, please
drop a line so we may add you to the subscription list.  These bulletins
may be sent by e-mail or faxed (U.S.A. only) to you.

	Historical C-MAN data will be added soon.  These data will
include selected Florida Keys C-MAN stations.

	These services are still under construction, so we appreciate
your patience.  If you have any suggestions, please let us know.  If you
know of any other coral researchers who could benefit from these
services, please forward their full name and e-mail address.

	Many thanks for your interest and support.

	Sincerely yours,

	Jim Hendee

|  James C. Hendee                       | Internet:      hendee at aoml.erl.gov|
|  Coral Health and Monitoring Program   | Voice:         305 361-4380       |
|  Ocean Chemistry Division              | Fax:           305 361-4582       |
|  NOAA/AOML                             | COASTAL RBBS:  305 361-4524       |
|  4301 Rickenbacker Causeway            |                                   |
|  Miami, FL  33149-1026                 |                                   |