Daily C-MAN data availability

James C. Hendee hendee at AOML.ERL.GOV
Fri Jun 23 11:30:42 EDT 1995

	Meteorlogical and oceanographic data are now available
daily from the National Data Buoy Center's C-MAN
(Coastal-Marine Automated Network) stations in the Florida
Keys, via our Coral Health and Monitoring Home Page at:

	(http://coral.aoml.erl.gov)

	The data will be posted at approximately 4:45 am EST
(USA) every morning, and will contain data for every hour on
the hour, for the previous 72 hours.  The sites covered are:

	Fowey Rocks
	Molasses Reef
	Sombrero Key
	Long Key
	Sand Key
	Dry Tortugas

	The C-MAN bulletins have the most common parameters
listed; however, we will soon be re-configuring the bulletins
to include more data, for instance, relative tide level.  The
Florida Keys C-MAN buoys have been enhanced for oceanographic
data collection (salinity, sea temperatures at different
depths, and photosynthetically active radiation) by the Florida
Institute of Oceanography (FIO).  Standard meteorological
parameters measured inlcude air temperature, wind speed and
direction, wind gusts, and barometric pressure.  These sites
are maintained by Chris Humphrey and John Dotten at FIO's Keys
Marine Laboratory on Long Key in the Florida Keys. You may
contact them directly at (305) 664-9101, if you wish more
information concerning the C-MAN stations.

	Other sites posted are:

	Conch Reef Wave Buoy (in the Florida Keys)
	Settlement Point, Grand Bahama Island
	Micronesia (Eniwetok, Kosrea, Mili and Ulithi Atoll)

	Please be advised that these oceanographic data are
PREMLIMINARY data and have not been screened for accuracy.
NOAA and FIO can not be held liable for use of these data in a
manner other than for perusal of preliminary oceanographic data
for scientific research on coral reefs.

	Historical data from the C-MAN stations will soon be
made available.

	If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

	Many thanks for your interest.

	Jim Hendee

|  James C. Hendee              | Internet:     hendee at aoml.erl.gov |
|  Coral Health and             |                                   |
|    Monitoring Program         | Voice:        305 361-4380        |
|  Ocean Chemistry Division     | Fax:          305 361-4582        |
|  NOAA/AOML                    | COASTAL RBBS: 305 361-4524        |
|  4301 Rickenbacker Causeway   |                                   |
|  Miami, FL  33149-1026        | http://coral.aoml.erl.gov         |