questions reef fish and invertebrates (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at coral.AOML.ERL.GOV
Fri Nov 24 18:15:27 EST 1995

These messages (two in one) are herewith forwarded:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 18:44:37 +0100
From: HOLTHUS Paul <PFH at HQ.iucn.ch>
Subject: RE: fish yields from coral reefs

Herman, I have just left The Nature Conservancy's Asia/Pacific program to
join the IUCN marine programme.  You may want to contact TNC Indonesia
office re. the work of Bob Johannes and Mike Riepen on the life reef fish
trade.  Re. reef recovery from damage, the short answer is 20-30 years or
more.  The long answer depends on a lot of extrenuating human and natural
circumstances.  There is a fair bit of literature on reef recovery which I
hope some other respondents have referred you to. I will be interested to
hear more of your results. Paul Holthus IUCN