Archived C-MAN data from the Florida Keys

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at coral.AOML.ERL.GOV
Tue Oct 24 21:30:24 EDT 1995

Greetings Colleagues,

I am very happy to announce that basic NDBC C-MAN (Coastal-Marine
Automated Network) data, as well as Florida Institute of Oceanography
enhanced C-MAN data, for the Florida Keys (years 1991-1995) are now
available at our Web site:

	http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov

(more specifically:  http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/cman/cman_menu.html)

"Basic" C-MAN data includes meteorological data and sea temperature.  FIO
"enhanced" C-MAN data include sea temperatures at additional depths,
salinity and photosynthetically active radiation at one or two depths.

We all know that it is difficult to get long-term data sets upon which to
make environmental decisions regarding coral health.  Funding for the
maintenance of the oceanographic instrumentation of these FIO enhanced
stations is in jeopardy, so if you find these data of use, it would be
extremely helpful to make your voices heard.  For more information on
making your voices heard, see "Bulletins" off our Home Page.

Many thanks...

	Sincerely yours,

	Jim Hendee

|                                                       |
| Coral Health and Monitoring Program                   |
| Ocean Chemistry Division                              |
| Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorlogical Laboratories |
| National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration       |
| Miami, Florida                                        |
| USA                                                   |
| Email:          coral at coral.aoml.noaa.gov             |
| World-Wide Web: http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov            |