reef studies with CZCS (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Fri Apr 12 09:51:56 EDT 1996

Forwarded message:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 13:52:59 GMT
From: Dr Anjali Bahuguna <anjali at sac.ernet.in>
To: owner-coral-list at reef.aoml.noaa.gov
Subject: reef studies with CZCS

Dear Raymond N. Sambrotto

Using remote sensing data, lot of work has been done on the
coral reefs of India. Particularly using Landsat TM, Indian
Remote Sensing Satellite 1A, 1B and 1C. For the study of coral
reefs health (condition) high resolution data is required.
If you need further information I will be glad to give you.

I have been able to map coral reefs zones (ecological and
morphological) and condition by way of monitoring over a period
of say 10 years or more and the delineation of certain associated
features, for e.g. mud over reef - degraded condition
                   live coral zones, wide reef flat, etc. - good
                                                      condition.
The mapping was done using the above data on 1:50,000 as well
as 1:25,000 scale.

Anjali Bahuguna.