water seepage

Marine Biology Section, USC, Cebu, Philippi mbs at mangga.usc.edu.ph
Fri Aug 23 06:31:31 EDT 1996

Dear everyone,

Hi!  I am planning to conduct a study on how a reef community
structure is modified by ambient nutrient levels.  The study area
has high levels of PO4 and NO3 and I have good reason to think that
inputs are from the adjacent resort.  In-puts possibly come from
water used to spray on lawns and mini-golf courses, which seeps through
the ground, is nutrient-loaded, and finds its way into the immediate
coastal area.  I would like to know how to go about quantifying this
water that ends up in the sea.  I have come across studies using
"piezometers" and "seepage meters"-- how do these work?  Are there
other ways of quantifying seepage?  In addition, if anybody of you is
working on a study related to mine, reprints will be more than welcome.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

cheers,  Chona
____sender's name_____
Marine Biology Section
University of San Carlos          fax (+63-32) 3460351
Cebu City 6000, Philippines       email: mbs at mangga.usc.edu.ph

****** When replying, PLEASE INCLUDE ADDRESSEE'S NAME IN
SUBJECT HEADER *** thanks. ********