Coral reef bibliography - update

LizMat at aol.com LizMat at aol.com
Fri Aug 30 12:04:51 EDT 1996

Thanks to everyone for sending me lists and lists of coral reef related
references. I wanted to provide a brief update of the status of our work.

We (GreenLife Society) have decided to focus our bibliography on management
and policy related references. There are 2 main reasons for this: first, the
shear volume of scientific work that has been and is being done is way beyond
our scope; and second, we found several organizations already working on very
similar projects. Rather than re-do what has already been done, we have been
discussing ways to collaborate and consolidate the information collected.
 ICLARM has recently completed the first version of ReefBase, a comprehensive
CD-ROM database (contact ReefBase at cgnet.com for further information).  We
will be helping to update their references list by sending all of the
bibliographic info that we have received.  The Earth Policy Center at
Columbia University is also developing a reef-related database that will be
accessible through the Internet.

Thank you all again for your contributions.

Liz Matthews
Reseach Associate
GreenLife Society
Lizmat at aol.com