RE. e-mail addresses for coral researchers/Transect Methodology

Ron S. Nolan nolan at cyberlearn.com
Wed Dec 18 19:51:56 EST 1996

William,

As part of a post-doc at the University of Hawaii, I did a study on
transect methodology for reef fishes in which a team surveyed a small,
linear lava flow reef, then another team speared off selected species of
butterflyfishes, followed by another team which re-surveyed the reef.  I
left academia for enterprise shortly thereafter so the study was never
published, but I could probably find the ms if you would like to see it.

In our Coral Kingdom CD-ROM, kids follow a transect line to make
observations.  If you teach any introductory courses you might be
interested in taking a look at it <http:www.cyberlearn.com>.

Regards

nolan
Digital Studios