bleaching in Philippines (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Fri Jul 26 09:59:46 EDT 1996

Forwarded message:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 08:03:39 +0800
From: CEMRINO <cemrino at klink.com.ph>
To: hendee at aoml.noaa.gov
Subject: bleaching in Philippines

Dear Dr. Hendee,

	Pete Raines at Coral Cay in London said you would be interested in
any observations of bleaching.  I have been in the Philippines for a year,
and not seen anything but a few scattered background bleached colonies
until just this week.  We have just a few, mostly massives- I've noticed
mostly massive Porites, a couple Playgyra, someone else has noticed some
Favids.  Last week the water seemed particularly warm, this week cool due
to clouds and rain.  We have no thermometers or hydrometers, but Coral Cay
on Danjugan does.

-Doug Fenner   Center for the Establishment of Marine Reserves, Dumaguete,
Negros Oriental, Philippines.
Centre for the Establishment of Marine Reserves in Negros Oriental
(CEMRINO)
109 San Jose Extension
Dumaguete City 6200
Negros Oriental