Ciguatera

CLAY Beauregard clay at nsu.acast.nova.edu
Mon Mar 25 10:44:09 EST 1996

Dear subscribers,

I am looking for any information (online or not) documenting ciguatera
cases in the Caribbean during the last couple decades.  I am writing my
M.S. thesis paper on the distribution of ciguatera in Florida and the
Caribbean region.  I have plenty of case studies and first-hand accounts,
but I am looking for trends or statistics of reported cases from various
Caribbean locations.  The CDC takes reports and has published several
cases in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, but I don't believe they
keep statistics since ciguatera is not really a reportable disease, but a
biotoxin poisoning.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.
You can respond to me personally if you wish.

Thank you,

Clay Beauregard
Nova Southeastern University Oceanographic Center
(W) 954-920-1909
(F) 954-947-8557
clay at nsu.acast.nova.edu