National Religious Partnership for the Environment (NRPE)

James C. Hendee hendee at aoml.noaa.gov
Wed Mar 27 10:52:39 EST 1996

Accidentally deleted from coral-list archives:

From: Bruce at esa.org
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:47:28 -0500
To: ellenbethw at aol.com, mmandell at doc.gov, mrand at dorsai.dorsai.org,
        allison at ewg.org, ahoffnun at hillel.org, jroth at hillel.org,
        tmoran at hillel.org, aray at oaservera2.ssmc.noaa.gov,
        /S=M.KNAPP/OU1=W01A at mhs-fswa.attmail.com, FISHFOLK at mitvma.mit.edu,
        sboa at nsf.gov, osman at nwf.org, lmersfelder at ocean.nos.noaa.gov,
        bbarak at peacecorps.gov, coral-list at reef.aoml.noaa.gov,
        gjensen at reeusda.gov, mlevy at sysplan.com, dnew at wo0033wp.wo.blm.gov
Subject:  National Religious Partnership for the Environment (NRPE)
Sender: owner-coral-list at reef.aoml.noaa.gov

FYI- please disseminate as appropriate to those who might  be interested

DOES THE EARTH HAVE A PRAYER?

The NRPE invites the environmental community and its friends to a
discussion on religion and the enviromnment:  " Does the earth have a
prayer?"  This program is designed to build bridges of communication and
understanding between communities of faith and environmentalists who
share a concern for the natural world.  We will discuss our specific
constituencies and why we care about environmental issues, and
explore ways in which we can work together and inspire one another.

Speakers include:

Paul Gorman, Director and Daniel Schwartz, Associate Director National
Religious Partnership for the Environment

Michal Smart, Co-Director, Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life

Drew Christiansen, Director, Office of International Justice and Peace,
U.S. Catholic Conference.

Paz Artaza-Regan, United Methodist Church, National Council of
Churches for Christ.

Dr. Ron Sider, President, Evangelicals for Social Action.

Date;  April 12, 1996
Time:  12:30 to 2:30
Place: 1616 P St., NW, 7th floor
Washington, D.C.

Please RSVP with number attending to Mara Osman, National Wildlife
Federation, 202-797-6818
internet: osman at nwf.org

The NRPE was established in 1992 and is a collaboration of the U.S.
Catholic Conference, the National Council of Churhces for Christ, the
Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life and the Evangelical
Environmental Network.  With those member groups, the Partnership
serves more than 100 million Americans and has undertaken a
mobilization which represents the religious community's fullest and most
formal entry into environmental activity.