Plankton Bloom in Caribbean

Paul Hutley paulh at metrolink.net
Sat Nov 9 16:29:46 EST 1996

Here is a E-Mail notice from my friend John Birk about a plankton bloom in the Caribbean Sea. I think
this would be useful to someone.

>>I noticed a plankton bloom covering every dive site
> >in Antigua starting mon. oct. 28 , it has not yet
> >abated as of nov. 6. This is the worst I have seen
> >during my 25 years in Antigua. We have checked
> >with other dive shops in the Caribbean, and this
> >thing stretches at the very least from StVincent to
> >StMartin and as wide as Antigua Barbuda, StKitts
> >Nevis and to Barbados.
> >1...Is this of interest to anyone?
> >2...How far does this thing stretch?
> >3...Are we seeing something new related to global
> >    warming.
> >4...I would appreciate any info.
> >
> >John Birk
> >Dive Antigua
> >c/o Rex Halcyon Cove Resort
> >P/O Box 251 Antigua
> >West Indies
> >
> >Tel: 268-462-3483
> >Fax: 268-462-7787
> >email: birkj at candw.ag

Please also send any respones to me and John. John's email address is above.

Thanks

Paul Hutley

***  paulh at metrolink.net   ///   Sysop FarPoint Station 91 BBS    1:374/98.9  ///