Coral Reef Educational Videos

Rosa Elisa Rodriguez rosaer at mar.icmyl.unam.mx
Thu Nov 28 19:12:25 EST 1996

A few days ago I asked for information about coral reef videos that can
be used in an educational program.  This is a summary of the information
I received:

1) Corals Forever (Corales para Siempre).  General video on corals and
coral reef and current threats to coral reef ecosystems .  (15 min,
English and Spanish Versions).
		PEMEX
		Video Servicios Profesionales S.A. de C.V.
		Medellin # 321
		Col. Roma, Mexico
		Tel (5) 564-6869
		Fax (5) 574-5685

2) UNESCO Coral Reef Taxonomy.  Contact Dr. Troost at UNESCOS Marine
Division in Paris.

3) 2 videos, one for gradeshcool market and one for hisghschool.
Available through Earth Foundation.
		EarthFound at aol.com

4)  "Their Health, Our Wealth" (24 min) produced by Bob Richmond,
University of Guam (didn't give any address).

5) "The Great Barrier Reef"  available from:

		Films for the humanities and Sciences.
		P.O. Box 2053 Princeton NJ 08543-2053

6) "Fragile Ring of Life" (54 min.)

		Meyer Odze
		United States Information Agency
		Producer
		Worldnet Television and Film Service
		Washington DC 20547-0001

	En Espan~ol:
		Ofna. de Informacion Publica de la Embajada de
		Estados Unidos en Mexico.

7) "Coral Grief".  A Canadian Company TV Ontario.  Coral Issues in the
Caribbean Islands and Belize (English).  (No address available).

8) Coral Sea Imagery has a 12 min. video on Indopacific reefs.  Information:

		Steve Gardner
		Digital Underwater Production & Speciality Marine Publications
		Science media Consultancy
		P.O. Box 2186 Townsville 4810
		Australia
		coralsea at ozemail.com.au

		http://www.ozemail.com.au/~coralsea

9) "Coral Reefs, Rain Forest of the Sea"  showed in Discovery Channel.
(No data available).

10)  International Coral Reef Initiative (ICRI) Educational Video.  (No
data available).

11) "Encounter with the Reef"  Information with Great Barrier Reef Marine
Park Authority.

Also There is a CD-Rom named "Coral Kingdom" with a 180 pate teacher
guide, from:

		Digital Studios
		209 Santa Clara Ave
		Aptos CA 95003

and Ocean Voice Internationa has a Coral Reef Educational Manual "Save
our Coral Reefs" 126 pp + 100 illustrations. $20.00 plus $5 air mail.
Information mcall at superaje.com

If someone has any additional information I will appreciate it.

Gracias,

Biol. Rosa Rodriguez
Ap. Postal 1174
77500 Cancun, Q. Roo