Coral Reefs FAQ

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Thu Oct 17 09:43:27 EDT 1996

Greetings,

	Pursuant to Dr. John McManus' very informative posting of coral
reef ecosystem monitoring, I thought it might be worthwhile if "we" (read:
you coral-listers!) helped to construct an FAQ (Frequently Asked
Questions) list, which I can post on the CHAMP Home Page and/or
periodically circulate via the coral-list.  This should be helpful for all
of us, as well as to people new to coral reef study, and should also
helpfully give you a little slack in answering all those questions all the
time.  If this idea meets with your approval, perhaps we could proceed
thus:

-> For now, let's just try to answer the most common, broadly appealing,
questions.  After we get the basics down, then perhaps we can address the
more esoteric issues.

-> Send questions you feel should be in the FAQ to this address
(coral at coral.aoml.noaa.gov).  I'll collect the questions for awhile, and
if there are no answers accompanying them, I'll post the questions to the
coral-list for your (hopefully!) informative answers.

-> If you *know* the answers to the questions, please send them along with
the questions, or at least help by providing a resource to find the
answer.

-> It might be helpful if you could provide, in your answers, further
references for research, such as Dr. McManus did in his recent reply
concerning coral reef monitoring.

	If you have any orther suggestions (or even if you think this
isn't a workable idea), please drop a line.

	Cheers,

	Jim

|                                                       |
| Coral Health and Monitoring Program                   |
| Ocean Chemistry Division                              |
| Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory  |
| National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration       |
| Miami, Florida                                        |
| USA                                                   |
| Email:          coral at coral.aoml.noaa.gov             |
| World-Wide Web: http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov            |