No subject

Mark.Spalding at wcmc.org.uk Mark.Spalding at wcmc.org.uk
Mon Oct 21 16:07:23 EDT 1996

(Sent this last week, but suspect it never got through as I never got a copy
back!)

Users will be pleased to know that, as of this week, the World Conservation
Monitoring Centre has placed some 150 maps of coral reefs onto the Web.
These are the same maps which are in ReefBase Version 1.0 (although they are
georeferenced in the latter and can thus be linked to other data).  The maps
include simple bathymetry, mangrove and coral reef data.  All are fully
referenced and users are asked to look at these references as an integral
part of the maps!

http://www.wcmc.org.uk:80/marine/data/

Other marine data on this site include lists of marine protected areas by
country and other marine statistics.

Please note that our Coral Reef Mapping Initiative and ReefBase are ongoing.
If you are able to supply better, newer, or more detailed information please
contact myself (for maps) or the ReefBase team in Manila (e-mail:
reefbase at cgnet.com).  I hope this information is useful and look forward to
your comments.

Cheers

Mark D. Spalding                          E-mail: mark.spalding at wcmc.org.uk
World Conservation Monitoring Centre
219 Huntingdon Rd
Cambridge, CB3 0DL                                     Fax: +44 1223 277136
United Kingdom                                         Tel: +44 1223 277314