tracking down an elusive map!!

Maria Justine MILICI CESAL at CEnvSci.Com
Thu Oct 24 05:14:57 EDT 1996

Dear List Members,

I hope someone out there might be able to help me.  I'm trying to
find a map that a colleague has told me exists but he can't remember
where he saw it!!

Its a world map that details the damaged coral reefs around the world
and identifies them by colour coding according to the type of damage.
 Apparently there are about 4-6 categories, listing things such as
destructive fishing, overfishing, mining, bad water quality....

If anyone can help me with this I would sure appreciate it.  I want
to use it for presentation at an Asian Hotel Forum in a couple of
weeks where I aim to
outline what resort developments may be able to do for coral reefs etc....

By the way, I visitied Paul Blanchons site yesterday and was most
impressed.  The geology essay is excellent and having taught a few
lectures on that topic in a general tropical marine biology course, I
 was excited by the material for teaching
purposes as well as for my own education.  And the access to other
sites is excellent.  The address is:

http://www.ualberta.ca/~pblancho/index.html

thanks

Maria