Waterproof Paper

Susie Cochran cochran at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 3 19:26:49 EST 1997

Alexander M Kerr wrote:

> We used to use drafting mylar in lieu of waterproof paper.  It comes in
> huge rolls; i dont know how much it costs.  I liked it better than slates
> cuz in remote, xerox-less locations you didnt have to transcribe the data
> to paper every night.

What do you use to write on the mylar?  I've used permanent markers on
drafting mylar (topside) myself, but have never seen any that can be
written on with pencil.  I normally use a large homemade PVC slate
underwater and then have to transcribe all my data between dives.  This
sounds like a great option.

-Susie Cochran