Biologists in Sudan?

Gert Jan Gast gjgast at nioz.nl
Fri Apr 4 05:25:48 EST 1997

Good day to all of you,

I am trying to organize a ReefCheck in Sudan this summer. Not looking too good
as I just heard the rebels have entered from Erythrea and are heading for Port
Sudan...... well it is not August yet.

It would help for getting permission by the authorities if I could make this a
cooperation thing with scientists in the country. Does anyone know any
biologists / coral scientists in Sudan (i.e. Univ. of Karthum) or anywhere
else? I'd appriciate names and addresses. Thanks for your help.

Cheers, GJ.
Gert Jan Gast <gjgast at NIOZ.NL>
Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
Department of Marine Ecology
P.O. Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg, The Netherlands.
Phone: 31 (0)222 369573. Fax: 31 (0)222 319674.