Underwater Pencils

Mark Eakin eakin at ogp.noaa.gov
Wed Apr 9 10:44:32 EDT 1997

        Reply to:   RE>>Underwater Pencils

My personal preference is the disposable Bic mechanical pencils.  As long as
you keep them wet they last months before rusting.  They come in a pack of
6-10 pencils for around $1.00.  You can reload them with lead.  Unlike the
multiple nub pencils, these have erasers built in.  In the US you can get them
at most discount stores, drug stores, etc.  I have bought them in other
countries as well.

Similar are the Paper Mate version, but I find the Paper Mates have too thin a
wall and are prone to breaking in gear bags.