research opportunities

David Bruce Gunnersen dbg2 at ukc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 16 15:06:54 EDT 1997

I am seeking information about Phd programmes for research into coral
reef ecology, at English speaking institutions.
I am presently completing an MSc degree in Conservation Biology at the
Durrell Institute for Conservation and Ecology, University of Kent,
Canterbury, Kent,CT2 7LZ England, and will bee looking to start a Phd
programme from Oct. '97 onwards.

I am an experienced SCUBA diver (300 dives) and underwater
photographer, havingdived in Belize, Mexico (Cozumel), Jamaica, and
the Maldives.

My perticular area of interest is formulating a theoretical and working
model for assessing the carrying capacity of coral reefs for ecotourism,
though I am opento other suggestions for a reasearch subject, ideally of
a conservation related nature.

Please send me details of research programmes and facilities, and
funding requirements as well as any information about likely sources of
funding, by post to the above, or e-mail on <dbg2 at ukc.ac.uk>

David Gunnersen