Panama lobster

Jennifer Anna Bossung jab18 at acpub.duke.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:07:04 EDT 1997

Hello all- I have a question regarding two types of lobster found in
Caribbean waters (specifically off the coast of Panama).  The first is a
migratory form, locally known as "pinky," which travels (or used to
travel) south from Nicaragua to Panama in large groups.  They are supposed
to be characteristically pink in color (when alive).  The second type is
locally called "obia," and has green-tipped appendages.  Can anyone tell
me what the scientific names of these critters are?  Thank you, Jenna
Bossung (please reply to jab18 at acpub.duke.edu)