Growth rates of Atlantic Gorgonians

Tom Schmidt Tom_Schmidt at nps.gov
Tue Aug 5 10:55:58 EDT 1997

     Anne,
     Since you requested any information on the Atlantic gorgonians, I came
     across in my Tortugas bibliography a 1914 article by L.R. Cary
     entitled "Observations upon the growth-rate and ecology of gorgonians"
     published by the Carnegie Institution of Washington (Publication
     Number 182), Papers Tortugas Laboratory 5:79-90 which provides a 3-yr
     record of growth for Gorgonia flabellum and Plexaura flexuosa on the
     reefs of Dry Tortugas Florida.

     Tom Schmidt
     Marine Biologist
     Everglades National Park, Dry Tortugas National Park
     40001 SR 9336
     Homestead, FL  33034