Coral Bleaching in the Keys

Prof Alan E Strong strong at nadn.navy.mil
Fri Aug 8 18:53:59 EDT 1997

I am not surprised to hear of bleaching in the Keys....we just announced
from observations on our NOAA/NESDIS HotSpot product that extremely high
temps [SSTs] were developing this past week...possibly over some of the
Bahamas as well.

You can link to this experimental product from URL below:

http://wesley.wwb.noaa.gov/eileen/orad/const1.html

Thru experimental products...and coral reefs...

Let us know what you think....the next update is 8/9/97 [Sat]

Cheers,
Al Strong
NOAA/NESDIS/ORA/ORAD & US Naval Academy