coral death marks

Bruce Carlson carlson at soest.hawaii.edu
Sat Aug 16 00:55:41 EDT 1997

Les,

I can give you photos for scars produced by Exallias brevis and Chaetodon
ornatissimus.  Both produce similar, superficial scars which are easily
recognizable on Porites spp.  I do not have photos of the deeper scars
produced by Arothron meleagris and Cantherhines dumerilii and other
similar coralivores.

Bruce