Porites furcata

David Patriquin patriqui at is.dal.ca
Thu Jul 3 14:40:11 EDT 1997

I recently reexamined  epiflora and epifauna at seagrass sites in the
eastern Caribbean that I had first examined in 1969. What I had recognized
then as Porites furcata is still around, but I have not kept up with the
lit. in this area  - can anyone direct me to the latest word on the
taxonomic status of Porites porites/P. divaricata, P. furcata? References
to papers on  ecology of P. furcata would also be appreciated.  Many
thanks. David Patriquin (Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada).