availability of visual aids in the wider Caribbean?

Judith C. Lang jlang at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 10 13:39:15 EDT 1997

With apologies to anyone who has already seen this message on another list:

The Education Office of the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute is
developing a small "treasure chest" of educational materials to travel with
the "Nuestros Arrecifes/Unidos por el Caribe: Our Reefs/Caribbean
Connections" reef exhibit.

Anyone who resides in the wider Caribbean is invited to help us become
better informed about what kinds of visual aids are readily available to
teachers, reef managers, NGOs, scientists,  etc., by answering a few
questions that are given below.  Please respond directly to me at:
        jlang at uts.cc.utexas.edu (Judith C. Lang)
1.  Do you have access to  a reliable source of electricity, for at least a
few hours each day, at a location that could be used for public outreach
education?

 If the answer to 1 is yes, which of the following can you easily access
2.    a video monitor and a VHS player?

3.    a 35 mm slide projector and a projecting screen?

4.    an overhead projector and a projecting screen?

5.  Please rank the following kinds of visual aids in terms of your
preference for their use for  public outreach education in your area:
  books, brochures (= pamphlets), overheads, posters, slides, videos

6.  Space here for other comments:

Many advance thanks for your help!  Yours sincerely,
Judy Lang
Texas Memorial Museum
jlang at curly.cc.utexas.edu (Judith C. Lang)