Acceptable Levels...

Don E Baker dbaker at tm.net.my
Thu Jun 12 10:05:09 EDT 1997

Hi Coral-L'ers,

I am trying to obtain published / referenced acceptable levels for human waste effluent from treatment
systems that discharge near coral reef habitats.  Has anyone established "acceptable level parameters" so
as to "meet" a State/National standard....that will do little harm to the reefs....and allow safe water
sports recreation?  Or is this asking too much too soon in the development of coral reef management?

I am concerned with bacteria levels, phosphate, nitrate, ammonia, and pH.

Many thanks from Borneo,
THE REEF PROJECT
Don Baker