Diving Safety Questions

Stephen C Jameson sjameson at coralseas.com
Thu Oct 30 14:47:14 EST 1997

Dear Coral List,

With respect to Australia could anyone tell me:

1.  Are diving centers licensed by the government in any way?

2.  Are there any government established diving regulations of any kind?

3.  Are there government safety regulations for passenger (diving)
vessels?

4.  Does the government require passenger (diving) vessels to have
property and liability insurance?

5.  Does the GBRMP regulate any of the above in their park regulations?

Short answers are fine (even just yes or no).

If you can't answer these - could you please send me the email adddress
of someone who could?

Thanks for your assistance.

Best regards,

Dr. Stephen C. Jameson, President
Coral Seas Inc. - Integrated Coastal Zone Management
4254 Hungry Run Road, The Plains, VA  20198-1715  USA
Office:  703-754-8690, Fax:  703-754-9139
Email:  sjameson at coralseas.com