collection device -- website now up

Kerry B Clark kclark at iu.net
Mon Sep 15 17:53:37 EDT 1997

As I promised earlier this year on the Coral-List, I have put together a
website, with detailed pictorial instructions, on construction of a
one-handed collection bottle for small aquatic animals.  This device uses
valves and a suction vortex to pull animals gently into the bottle with
neglible effort. The device can be built in 15 min to an hour, depending on
skill and practice, and costs about $10 to construct. This is ideal for
underwater collection of quantities of soft-bodied things that go "squish"
when trying to pick up with forceps or fingers, from hydromedusae to sea
slugs.

                            http://users.aol.com/metazoa/sucker/

- -
Kerry Bruce Clark, F.A.A.A.S.,  Professor of Biological Sciences
Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL 32901-6988
Phone 1-407-768-8000 x8195
-- Proud Member of the Impoverished Gentry --
Visit the Cambrian in 3D at "http://users.aol.com/kbclark/cambrian"
Metazoa website at "http://www.metazoa.com"  -- "Bytes of Nature,"
producing the best in natural history software