Coral pathogen

John Ogden jogden at seas.marine.usf.edu
Tue Apr 7 13:13:34 EDT 1998

Check Dr. Laurie Richardson (Florida International University) et al.'s
letter ("Florida's mystery coral-killer identified") in this week's Nature
on identification of a coral pathogen and proving Koch's Postulates.

Bravo!  This is one of only a very few times that this sort of thing has
been done, but it is the path that we must take if we are ever to
understand coral diseases.

John C. Ogden        Director        Phone:  813/553-1100
Florida Institute of Oceanography    Fax:    813/553-1109
830 First Street South               St. Petersburg, Florida 33701