Forwarded mail....

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Mon Jan 26 14:45:09 EST 1998

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 98 13:51:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Bleaching? and Coral spawning in the Seychelles?
To: Georg Heiss <heiss at cerege.fr>, coral-list
From: astrong at nesdis.noaa.gov

Georg -- We have been noting SSTs close to what are critial levels [30C]
for bleaching near the Seychelles for a couple months now....has anyone
heard of/seen notes of recent bleaching from this location?  We had heard
that some bleaching was observed last April [1997].

Thanks,
Al Strong

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Georg Heiss <heiss at cerege.fr> wrote:
>Dear list members,
>
>Does anyone know something about the time of coral spawning in the Seychelles?
>
>Thank you for your time.  Could you please reply to me directly.
>
>Georg
>
>___________________
>Dr. Georg A. Heiss
>Centre des Faibles Radioactivités
>Laboratoire Mixte CNRS-CEA
>Domaine du CNRS
>91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex FRANCE
>Georg.Heiss at cfr.cnrs-gif.fr
>
>CEREGE
>BP 80
>F-13545 Aix-en-Provence cedex 4
>heiss at cerege.fr

Alan E. Strong
  Phys Scientist/Oceanographer                Adj Assoc Res Professor
    NOAA/NESDIS/ORA/ORAD -- E/RA3            US Naval Academy
    NOAA Science Center -- RM 711W                Oceanography Department
      5200 Auth Road                              Annapolis, MD 21402
      Camp Springs, MD 20746                      410-293-6550
Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
     301-763-8102 x170   FAX: 301-763-8108
          http://manati.wwb.noaa.gov/orad