The National Sea Grant Depository

Cynthia Murray cmurray at gsosun1.gso.uri.edu
Thu Jul 9 09:25:04 EDT 1998

Hello,

We would like to introduce you to the National Sea Grant Depository (NSGD),
which serves as the archive and lending library for the National Sea Grant
College Program.  Our web site http://nsgd.gso.uri.edu will further
introduce you to our services.  The collection is comprised of
approximately 30,000 books, journal reprints, conference proceedings,
advisory and technical reports, handbooks, maps and many other types of
information not readily available from other sources.  Publications cover a
wide variety of marine subjects, including oceanography, marine education,
aquaculture, fisheries, coastal zone management, marine recreation and law.

You can access this wealth of information through the publications
database, which is searchable online from our site, as well as through the
quarterly "Sea Grant Abstracts" which announces the availability of new Sea
Grant documents. From the NSGD web site you may also link to any of the 29
Sea Grant programs across the country to see what exciting things are
happening in your geographic location.

Once you've located the information you'd like to use, we can assist by
sending loan copies of publications or referring you to the appropriate
source.  There is also a project underway to provide many of the documents
in the collection as full-text pdf files over the internet.  Thank you.

If you'd like additional information please contact us at:

    National Sea Grant Depository
    Pell Library Building
    University of Rhode Island
    Narragansett Bay Campus