nutrient enrichment & algal growth

Peter J. Mumby P.J.Mumby at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu May 14 06:52:56 EDT 1998

Dear Coral-listers,

Looking at the literature, I was quite surprised to find very
little empirical work on the effects of nutrient enrichment
on algal growth (particularly macroalgae).

I've come across papers by Lapointe, Littler, McCook, the ENCORE work,
and the Kaneohe Bay stuff, but precious few lab studies. If anyone could
direct me to other studies (possibly in the grey literature), I'd be extremely
grateful and will of course disseminate the results to anyone interested.

With thanks,

Peter
P.S. does anyone have Mark Littler's email address?
Dr Peter J. Mumby
Research Fellow

Department of Geography
University of Sheffield