Correction

J. Charles Delbeek delbeek at hawaii.edu
Tue Nov 17 11:49:42 EST 1998

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Johnston Davidson wrote:

> Please reread your 'correction' message as the temperatures are quoted in
> different scales. The local flora and fuana would be very alarmed if Murovo
> Lagoon reached this temperature.
>
> At 16:53 16/11/98 -1000, you wrote:
> >The temperatures I quoted yesterday for the Solomon Islands should have
> >been 81 oF in the Florida Islands to 84 oC in Murovo Lagoon not 30 to 32
> >oC!

Ah yes the effects of doing email after working 10 hrs .... the
corrections should be in degrees F, these were provided by the dive
computers of others on the trip which read in oF, my original ones were
from my dive watch which read in oC. Apparently, my body heat through my
wetsuit was affecting my wrist watch readings, the others were based on
computers on consoles.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

J. Charles Delbeek M.Sc.

Aquarium Biologist
Waikiki Aquarium
University of Hawaii

"The fact that my physiology differs from yours pleases me to no end."
Mr. Spock