coral fauna of Sabah

Hoeksema, B.W. Hoeksema at naturalis.nnm.nl
Wed Nov 25 03:06:25 EST 1998

Mr. Wilson Alex is right.
Fungia scutaria has probably not been recorded before from Sabah, and
neither from Kalimantan,
the Indonesian part of Borneo. From around Borneo there are many
records, though. This indicates
that very little is known about the coral fauna of this large island.

A relevant coral publication on Sabah is:
Wood, E.M. & B.S. Tan, 1987. The coral reefs of the Bodgaya Islands
(Sabah: Malaysia)
and Pulau Sipadan 3. Hard corals. - Malay. Nat. J. 40: 189-224, pls.
7-8. Many of the corals
that are reported in this publication can be found in The Natural
History Museum at London.

Best regards,

Bert

Dr. Bert W. Hoeksema
Co-ordinator Sea Research (Fauna Malesiana Marina)
National Museum of Natural History Naturalis
P.O. Box 9517
2300 RA  Leiden
The Netherlands
Tel.: +31.71.5687631